You definitely need an antivirus to protect your computer system from all the viruses and malware present on the internet. However, if you are using McAfee for the protection of your computer that you must be facing a few problems. One of the most common problems faced by McAfee users is that Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee on various occasions. You can fix this problem once and for all by visiting the link McAfee.com/activate if your McAfee is blocking Google Chrome. The problem of McAfee blocking Google Chrome is quite common and you should not feel bad about it as McAfee has an in-built feature of directing your default browsers from Google Chrome to Yahoo Safe Search. Though it sounds safe, many internet users have reported issues with any other web browser than Google Chrome. Recently, McAfee blocking Chrome 2019 emerged as another big problem with the McAfee antivirus.
If you like browning the internet with the help of Google Chrome, you should continue to use that despite having received a connection error message at regular intervals. McAfee firewall blocking chrome causes this message to appear on your screen when you try to launch the Google Chrome web browser. The McAfee blocking Google Chrome is a problem associated with the McAfee VSE application that comes along with the antivirus software. Some of the users blame themselves for the problem saying I Accidentally Blocked Google Chrome, but that is not true. By checking McAfee VSE application settings, one can easily solve the problem of Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee.
How do I stop my McAfee firewall from blocking access to Google?
Before you again say I accidentally blocked Google Chrome, read our blog and know Why does McAfee keep blocking websites. The reason behind McAfee is blocking Google Chrome can be either the wrong configuration of the firewall settings of the McAfee VSE application or the update issue with the Defender application. For the unverversed, both system defenders and McAfee give complete safety to their users from access to the bad gateway. This is the primer most reason why is McAfee blocking Google Chrome.
What to do when Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee?
One can unblock his or her Google Chrome with the help of the McAfee application after McAfee blocking Google Chrome. If you are facing the same problem as McAfee is blocking Google Chrome and seeking the right solution for it then follow the instructions we have provided here below, with which you can remove the Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee problem.
- To fix the problem of McAfee is blocking Google Chrome, firstly you will have to visit the Notification arrow, placed on the Right corner of the screen.
- Now, you will have to access the McAfee application with the help of the arrow for the notifications.
- Take your mouse cursor on spot to right-click on the selected application.
- You will now see the top of a panel giving you various options as per your preference.
- Go inside the Settings now and select the Firewall option to configure settings of that particular section. This is the essential most step to undertake if McAfee blocking Google Chrome.
- The next page will take you to the Internet Security Window of the McAfee antivirus application. Here, you can see the Firewall properties that are given for the right configuration to avoid the problem of Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee.
- The Internet Connection settings window will open now and the options you choose to alter the Incoming & outgoing access will fix the McAfee is blocking Google Chrome problem.
- At this stage of fixing the McAfee blocking Google Chrome problem, you will have to ensure that the Internet Guest option is on Off Mode.
- Finally, on the McAfee Security Centre page, you will be able to resolve the Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee by following simply the steps that we have mentioned in the next section of this article.
- After your access, the application for the McAfee Security Centre application a Security Centre McAfee window will appear on your computer screen.
- To proceed with the process of removing the problem of McAfee is blocking Google Chrome, visit the Navigation tab on the right side of the top screen of the antivirus application window.
- You will now have to select that Navigation feature before you go to the Firewall option using the drop-down panel.
- As now you see the Internet Connection Option on the screen, just tap on it for the removal of the McAfee blocking Google Chrome problem.
- After you do this, a series of McAfee antivirus applications will display on the computer system.
- Now, choose the McAfee application again and go to the Search option of the Google Chrome web browser.
- From the drop-down panel, choose the right option provided beside the application.
- For the Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee problem, you need to select the McAfee application again to visit the Edit option placed at the end side of the antivirus application window.
- The Access settings will now be changed from None to the Full option.
- Now, just save the changes you have made to remove McAfee is blocking Google Chrome problem. After you select the Save option, just Close the application of the McAfee Security Centre.
One thing to keep a note of here is that in case you do not find Google Chrome while fixing the McAfee blocking Google Chrome issue in the list of applications given in the settings, then you will have to add the manual option by simply Clicking on the Add button. After you successfully add, Search for Google Chrome and the web browser will be included on the McAfee antivirus application list. You can now edit the option and make sure to Save changes every time.
Congratulations! The long process of fixing Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee issue has now been resolved. You will no longer see the message of McAfee is blocking Google Chrome on your web browser, Google Chrome or any other for that matter. The user can now access any of his or her favourite websites after successful completion of the removal of the McAfee blocking Google Chrome problem using our easy guide.
In case you see the message of Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee on your Android smart phone, then also you can fix it by following our simple guide. The problem of McAfee is blocking Google Chrome can easily be resolved if you access the settings of your Android smart phone.
With some of the android users, the problem of McAfee blocking Google Chrome is quite common now but here is how you can stop Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee problem by following simple step solutions.
- Go to the settings of your Android smartphone.
- Now, go inside the Installed apps section.
- Open the Manage App panel now and you will see a list of installed apps on your smart device.
- Here, search for the Google Chrome web browser mobile application and click on it.
- Advisable is to Restrict the data usage option after you enter inside of the application properties.
- The Data Usage settings will be required to be saved as None.
- Just ensure you have enabled the Internet Connection on your mobile phone.
Congratulations! The problem of McAfee is blocking Google Chrome has been resolved by you with the help of your android smartphone settings and our easy guide on the correct configuration. After completing the process, test the Google Chrome web browser mobile application by visiting any website and see if you can access it or not. If the problem of McAfee blocking Google Chrome still remains then you will have to contact McAfee customer support.