In this blog, we will help you with easy steps on how to uninstall McAfee antivirus and install it again on your computer system. McAfee antivirus software can be removed easily without putting in much effort. You can remove it with the help of the settings option of your computer. This can be done based on whether your device has pre-installed McAfee, or you are using a totally different antivirus program. For the unversed, McAfee can also be removed from the system simply by using the McAfee removal tool. We will explain to you how to uninstall McAfee windows 10 as well as how to uninstall McAfee on mac.
How to fully uninstall McAfee windows 10?
The steps which have been mentioned below are applicable to Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 along with macOS 10.12 or other versions that came later. After you know how to uninstall McAfee live safe on mac, you can help others too seeking a solution for how to uninstall McAfee total protection on mac. You should remember that in case there are multiple applications of McAfee on your device and you have decided to trash all of them, then you should know how to uninstall McAfee live safe at one go.
How to uninstall McAfee agent from windows 10 with the help of settings?
- In order to hunt for settings options, you need to type the same in the search box of Windows. Now, choose the correct result.
- Next, you have to select Apps under the Windows Settings.
- Now, you need to enter McAfee in the search box and then choose the McAfee product which you want to remove.
Note: The process will be the same if you wish to know how to uninstall McAfee enterprise on windows 7 or how to uninstall McAfee antivirus in windows 8.
- In the next step, you have to select Uninstall.
- You have to confirm the same and hence you have to select the Uninstall again.
- Windows needs your permission to proceed ahead. So you have to confirm it once again.
- After Windows has uninstalled the software, the Settings window should be closed by you.
- Now, before restarting your computer, make sure the program was uninstalled.
Congratulations! You have learned how to uninstall McAfee virus, now it is the time to learn the next process.
How to uninstall McAfee dlp agent in Windows 8 With The Help Of Settings
- In the Charms bar, you have to select start. You can even press the Windows key. This enables you to easily access all the programs that have been installed on your computer.
- Now you can right-click McAfee product that you want to get removed. After that, you have to select the option of Uninstall. This is essential if you wish to know how to uninstall and reinstall McAfee.
- Now you need to choose the McAfee product that you want to eliminate. This can be done by visiting the Programs and Features window.
- Finally, you need to choose Uninstall/Change. Here is how to uninstall McAfee services as well.
- You have to confirm that you want to remove the particular software, hence you have to select Uninstall again.
- Next, Windows may ask you to grant permission to continue. In such a case, you need to confirm once again and then you can proceed with the uninstallation process.
- While Windows uninstalls your software, you need to wait patiently. Now, you can close the Programs and Features window.
- After you are sure that the program has been uninstalled, you can easily restart your device.
This is it. Since now you know how to uninstall and reinstall McAfee internet security, you can move to the next segment of the article.
How to completely uninstall McAfee Using Settings For Windows 7 Users
- First of all, you need to choose the start option and then you need to select the Control Panel.
- Now, you need to double-click on the option of Add. You can also select Remove Programs.
- Next, you have to choose the particular McAfee product that you want to get removed. This is for those who seek how to manually uninstall McAfee.
- After that, you have to pick the option of Add/Remove or Change/Remove. Now, choose the option of Remove.
- Windows will need your permission to proceed so you have to confirm the same.
- Now, you need to wait patiently while Windows is uninstalling the software. After the process is done, you can close the window.
- Now, before you restart your laptop or computer, you need to make sure that the program was clearly removed or uninstalled.
So, now you know how to uninstall McAfee antivirus on this version of the Windows as well.
How to uninstall McAfee windows 10 With The Help Of McAfee Removal Tool
In case you are not able to remove the software with the help of settings of the computer, do not worry. You have another option. You can easily use McAfee Removal Tool if you want to finish the work.
- First of all, you have to download the MCPR tool. You can download it from the website of McAfee.
- Now, once the download is completed you can double-click on MCPR.exe.
- Next, you need to select Yes and then choose the Continue option. In case any security warning prompts on the screen, then do not worry. Simply select the option of Run. Then automatically, the McAfee Software Removal Tool will get opened.
- Now on the McAfee Software Removal screen, you have to choose Next.
- You will see the option of Agree on the End of the User License Agreement (EULA) page, select the same.
- Then, you have to enter the characters that have been shown on the Security Validation screen, and finally you need to select the option of Next.
- Now, as you know that the tool may take a few minutes to remove the software, you need to wait patiently.
- Finally, when you see that the removal has been completed, you can restart your device. Well, how will you get to know that the software has been completely removed? You will get a Removal Complete message on the screen of your desktop or laptop.
How to uninstall McAfee from Mac?
Mac users can uninstall McAfee whenever they want. The steps are simple and one can easily do it on their own by just following the instructions and implementing the same.
- You have to first search and then when you find it, you have to open the folder of Applications in the dock. You can also navigate to the folder. This can be done with the help of a Finder window. Now, you have to open the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller app.
- Next, you need to choose Uninstall and then select on the option of continue.
- In the end, you have to enter your administrator password. After that, you need to choose the option of OK.
- Finally, when the installation process gets completed, you can select Finish.
Congratulations, you have been successful in understanding how to uninstall McAfee on mac.
We hope our guide on how to uninstall McAfee antivirus in windows 10, its other versions and how to uninstall McAfee in mac.